100 Word Challenge: Week 30

“WWAAAHH!!” said Sir Gerald the knight. “Where am I?”

Sir Gerald was a handsome, strong knight. He wore shiny, silver, medieval armor. He carried a 5 foot long sword. Sir Gerald was transported into the future and wound up in a Caribbean-style beach house.

“What is this contraption?” he asked. Sir Gerald found a computer. It turned on when he pressed a button. Gerald jumped back in surprise.

“What the devil is going on here?!?” Sir Gerald practically shouted. He sat on a swivel chair and spun around.

“WHEEEEEE!” he yelled. “Ha, ha, ha,” he laughed.

When he finally calmed down he saw a funny kitten video was playing on the computer. Sir Gerald just couldn’t stop laughing. When he turned of the computer, he was whisked back into the past with a whoosh. Gerald visits the present every so often and enjoys learning about new technology. Every time he comes, he learns as much as he can.

“Ha, ha, ha.”

++Note: This post was featured on the Showcase page for the 100 Word Challenge.  Because of that, British cartoonist, Terry Culkin, decided to draw the cartoon pictured above based on my story.

One thought on “100 Word Challenge: Week 30

1. Ava, this is a super use of the prompt. I really appreciate your creativity, as well as your excellent sentence structure and punctuation and have to admit that I’m giggling myself as I read about the very confused Sir Gerald. I can almost hear the tone of his voice.
    I’ve recommended you for the Showcase this week.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (team 100WC)
    New Zealand